Second Court adjoins Pump Court, named as such because the pump that provided the only water supply to the College until 1885 stood on the south side of the court. The four staircases on the north side of the court were built by Waterhouse in the late 19th century and house undergraduates' and Fellows' rooms, together with the Senior Tutor's and Admissions offices.
A beautiful shaded area that offers a perfect setting as an outside reception venue during summer months, it also features a striking glass sculpture by Danny Lane, and Battersea II and Battersea III by Geoffrey Clarke, two pieces in cast aluminium that have been on loan to the college since 1999.
Please note that it should always be booked in conjunction with an alternative reception venue in case of inclement weather.
To find out more about booking Second Court as a reception venue, please contact us.
Drinks Reception: 100 guests
During summer months, subject to availability and weather permitting
Also suitable for: